No one can deny the fact that a visit to the Galapagos Island is worth the entire amount we might spend to get there. It is a tour that would seem like a dream come true. The overwhelming scene of nature and the welcoming climatic conditions would make up some of those most amazing memories for a lifetime. Have you booked a Galapagos Island Tour for your next holiday? Are you prepared to enjoy all that it offers you? There are many things that you need to be prepared with. Prior preparation will surely take off some time from your daily chores but help you add to the excitement while you are at Galapagos. Let us consider the 10 best ways that you can prepare for an exciting and adventurous Galapagos Island Vacation.
- A good camera: The Galapagos Islands have a lot to offer you. You may come across something that you have never seen and also across something that may resemble something that you have already seen before. The Islands are a home to a number of rare species. You might want to capture all these species and many others in the form of images to keep your memories afresh. A good camera is thus needed while you are out on a Galapagos tour.
2. More film or Memory Space: Simply carrying a camera with not enough memory will no way benefit you. If you are planning to capture each moment you spend over these Islands, you need to have enough memory space that will help you save all the images without deleting the ones that you may have captured before
3. Portable Memory Devices: In case you are not able to find a larger memory for the camera, try carrying along a jump drive that can help you transfer images from the camera on the drive leaving the camera free to click more pictures
4. Carry some necessities: It is a good habit and always beneficial to carry all our necessities while we are out on a tour. The most important things are the prescribed medicines. There is nothing that can replace the medically prescribed medicines. You cannot take a risk of running about searching them. The Galapagos Islands are located quite close to the equator. Therefore, it is a necessity to carry enough sunscreen to protect your skin and a hat to protect your head from the scorching heat of the sun.
5. Extra Cash: The Galapagos Island Tour is usually prepaid. This may include the flight costs, the cruise, all transfers and also food. But, it may not include extra stuff such as drinks that you have or any extra rides that you take. You need to carry extra cash for the extra activities or the foods that you might need. 6. Carry your own personal mask and snorkel: Snorkeling is a great activity that one could perform at the Galapagos Islands. A number of ships and cruises may provide the best snorkeling equipments. But, there are a few that may provide low quality, unreliable material. Although you may hire fins from a ship, but it is always good to prefer having a personal snorkel rather than using the one that must have been used by someone else.
7. Learn Basics of Snorkeling: One common myth that tourists usually have is that since they know swimming, snorkeling is an easy task for them. It is important to practice snorkeling beforehand. Carry the mask and the snorkel to a nearby pool or a peaceful lake and practice before you begin your Galapagos Tour.
8. Get Scuba Certified: The Galapagos Islands have proved to be the best place where one can go diving. Scuba diving is one such an activity that people would want to experience. If you too are a fan of diving, this is a great reason for you to get scuba certified and dive into the crystal blue waters of Galapagos.
9. Research about the Island: There has been no instance where a prior research or study about any certain topic has not helped. The naturalist guides at Galapagos are knowledgeable and have in depth knowledge about birds, animals, plants, geology, volcanoes and everything that is found on the islands. It may look like a moving classroom while the guide takes you around along with the other tourists. It is difficult to make note of everything that is spoken at that time. Thus, if you have read something regarding the topic, you can come up with better doubts that will help the fellow tourists too.
10. Purchase a DVD: The Galapagos Islands, though they look like a piece of land, are enormous. They have a wide range of flora and fauna and different types of geographical lands that you can visit. A prior idea about these places will increase the excitement of being there for real.
These 10 preparatory steps would help us be ready for a memorable Galapagos Island Vacation that will introduce us to a beautiful land of nature and life. What are you waiting for? Book your tour now and get set to go with all the above mentioned steps. I am sure you would not want to return once you are there amidst the nature.