If you are planning Galapagos Islands holidays and are ready to splurge, you should opt for Galapagos Islands cruisesthat use luxury cruise ships and yachts to offer you a memorable experience. In case you are not ready to open your purses and wallets freely, you still have the option of selecting tourist and economy class yachts to enjoy your Galapagos Islands travelin style.
It’s important to plan well and make the bookings in advance, where necessary, to avoid last-minute surprises. Here is a checklist to plan an exciting trip to Galapagos Islands:
- Book in advance or book on arrival: Galapagos Islands vacation packages that offer luxury cruises are often the ones that are booked in advance, which is why you too should take your pick and book your tickets early. This is more important for families or large groups who are on a schedule and want quality service. However, if you are a lone traveler, don’t mind sharing space with strangers and can do with any type of service, you can opt for last minute dealsthat sometimes offer value for money without pinching your pocket.
- What are you looking for? While some travelers may need their trip to Galapagos Islands to be wrapped in luxury while letting them enjoy whatever the region has to offer in style, some others won’t mind a budget tour that covers as much as there is to see and do. So, it’s important to decide how much you are ready to invest and then take your pick from several options available such as First Class Yachts, Deluxe Yachts, Tourist Superior Class Yachts and Economy Class Yachts, among others. Depending on your choice, the ambiance and comfort as well as the social scene and feel on these luxury cruises and yachts would vary.
- Duration: Galapagos Islands travel packages that take you on cruises are available in varied durations – from as little as 4 nights to as much as 10 nights and more. You should decide the duration you want to spend on such cruise trips and choose accordingly.
- Things to see: Galapagos Islands cruises have different sightseeing packages included in their plans. Starting from engaging the best naturalists at Galapagos National Park to help visitors get an insider’s view of things to taking them to watch the giant tortoises or native birds or iguanas, helping them get up, close and personal with the sea lions, letting them snorkel with hammerhead sharks and sea turtles, or taking them to locations where they can watch a variety of fishes/reptiles/mammals/flora that they won’t find anywhere else, these travel packages offer all these and much more. However, since a single package won’t offer them all, you need to decide on what you want to see and then find cruise operators who offer the same to take your final pick.
- Special services required: If you are traveling with kids or elders who have special requirements, you should select Galapagos Islands vacation packages that offer cruises to meet these special needs. For example, if you have a diabetic traveling with you, you should check if the cruise makes necessary arrangements to meet special dietary needs of such a person. Again, those with kids or big families should check kid-friendly or spacious cabins to ensure a comfortable and safe stay. Choosing cruise packages that have activities/learning experiences for the kids could also be a good way to keep the little ones engaged and interested throughout the cruise duration.
A trip to Galapagos Islandscan become all the more special when you choose acruise package to experience what the Galapagos archipelago has to offer, albeit with a difference.So, use the tips above to plan well and look forward to a rewarding experience.