Are you an adventure freak and love going out on adventure tours? What are the activities that you have tried until now? Or have you been among the few unfortunate people who have not yet got a chance to visit any such place or indulge in any such activity? Adventure brings in a lot of fun and excitement. There are many things that you can do or many places where you can visit where you will get the actual feel of what it is.
The Galapagos Islands, shattered pieces of land that are covered with nature are situated just about 600 miles away from the mainland Ecuador. The natural beauty, the presence of numerous animal and bird species and the regular discovery of newer species has made these islands a major attraction for tourists across the world. Many people wish to travel to the Galapagos Islands mainly to experience the beauty of nature and the various activities that are organized by various tour operators across the islands. The Galapagos Islands are full animals and plants that you may never find anywhere else in the world.
Every step that you may take over different parts of the islands will introduce you to a rare bird or an animal that you may have never ever seen. Although you may have seen these animals or birds before, these islands will introduce you to an all new species of the same creature. It is this diversity and mysterious nature over the islands that inspired a scientist, Charles Darwin to state his Theory of Evolution. The natural habitat found on the islands is something that usually attracts people to visit the islands for a special Galapagos Island Vacation. What makes the islands a more preferred place other than many others in the world? What are the things that will make the holiday even more exciting for your kids? Are these Islands worth going on a holiday with your family? Let us find the answers for all these questions in the 10 best reasons why you will enjoy a trip to the Galapagos Islands with your family and kids.
1. A Close Encounter with Animals: There is no zoo around the world that will let you go so close to an animal as the experience you would have over the Galapagos Islands. The playful Sea Lions, the Blue footed Boobies and the Giant Tortoises are among the animals that you can take a close look at. You will find them living in their natural habitat along with others of their kind. The Sea Lions are very playful and are a great attraction for children.
2. Contribute in Building a Better Environment: The Galapagos Islands are considered to be an excellent example for a place that has the most well maintained environment. Thus, we come across a number of species that are compatible with the climatic conditions over these islands. Taking your child for a vacation to these islands will help implant a feeling of responsibility for them. It will help make them responsible citizens who will work for the betterment of the environment.
3. An Opportunity to Learn: It is difficult to grasp all that a teacher may teach in class or even if we read it through the textbooks. Seeing something move and experiencing the conditions around will help in better learning since a person will remember things all through his life. It is a good opportunity for your children to learn about different animals and also the environment they are living in. 4. The Underwater experience: Like the different attractions over the land, the Galapagos Islands offer a variety of marine life that you can take a look at through snorkeling and diving into the waters. You can take a look at variety of fishes, sharks, sea lions and penguins.
5. Activities for all ages: The Galapagos Islands have different places where a number of different activities are organized. These activities can be selected as per the age and capability. You can prefer staying on the beach while you are with toddlers or simply go out on a scuba diving safari with the adventurous teenagers.
6. A Blend of Cultures: Reading about various cultures is easy and simple. But, have you thought about the excitement that could be felt if you were to experience a new culture? You will come across Quito, the capital city of Ecuador while you are traveling to the Galapagos Islands. It is here that you can take a look at the traditional museums and the ancient culture that is still being followed.
7. You can Reach out there throughout the year: Unlike many other holiday destinations, you can visit the Galapagos Islands anytime during the year. The islands offer you a special attraction during every season. You can reach out to the island at anytime and can still enjoy a fun filled vacation here.
8. It is Easy to Reach there: Although traveling to an island may seem to be difficult, it is not that difficult to reach the Galapagos Islands. You will need to take a flight to Quito. If you take a flight from here, the Islands are just about two and half hours away from Quito. 9. Exploring through Cruises: There are a number of tour operators that offer special Galapagos Island Cruises that take you across different parts of the islands. Unless you are feeling seasick, you will enjoy exploring the islands through these beautiful relaxing cruises.
10. Avail Discounts for Kids: We all know that these islands are surely not a cheap place to explore. You will have to shell out some more money while you prefer the Galapagos Islands as a better holiday destination. Many tour operators usually offer special discounts for kids. This will give you a great chance to take your kids out on an adventurous, educational and exciting vacation at a much lower cost.
We now know that the Galapagos Islands are not just a holiday destination where we can go to relax or simply enjoy, but it is a place that introduces to a new part of the world. Since it has so many things to offer, you have a wide range of places and activities to choose from. There is no teacher who can teach “NATURE” better than these beautiful Islands.